Switching to Wind Energy in Texas
You can switch today - It's a Breeze!
Yep, that's right, it's never been easier to switch to planet friendly, pollution free 100% clean, green, renewable Texas Wind power from Breeze Energy!
At Breeze Energy, we supply our customers with only 100% Texas Wind Energy. Breeze believes that when you live in a state that produces the most wind in the U.S. you need to provide it affordably to the people of Texas.
- Q: Is 100% Wind energy more expensive than Coal, Gas & Nuclear?
- A: This is a popular myth that many still believe, but a quick look at our rate plans shows that wind energy can be both affordable and cheaper than the providers who use coal and gas. Email us at customerservice@breezeenergy. com with further questions.
- Q: Is Breeze Energy more or less expensive than other electric providers that provide wind plans?
- A: Breeze Energy has consistently been less expensive over the last three years (2013-2016) than the competition we monitor.
- Q: So, why should I consider Wind? Why is it so great?
- A: The benefits in wind include, but are not limited to, the following:
1. Reduces pollution caused by burning fossil fuels
2. Uses much, much less water than coal, gas, or nuclear
3. Creates Jobs
4. Promotes energy independence
5. Helps rural economies
6. Has a minimal impact on agriculture
Email us at customerservice@breezeenergy. com with further questions.
- Q: How do I know when I can switch from my current electric provider and not incur a cancellation fee?
- A: Your current provider is required to state the end date of your contract on your bill. If no end date is stated, your contract has expired. You may switch within fourteen (14) days of the contract end date without a cancellation fee.
- Q: If I switch to Breeze, how do I know Breeze supplies 100% Wind power from Texas wind farms?
- A: Breeze Energy has renewable energy certificates proving that the energy you purchased was 100% Green, 100% Texas, 100% Wind energy. Contact customerservice@breezeenergy. com for more information.
- Q: If I switch to Breeze, will I lose power at my home until the switch is made? How does that work?
- A: No, there will be no interruption of service when switching to Breeze Energy. Email us at customerservice@breezeenergy. com for more information.
- Q: Do I need to contact my current provider to tell them I am switching?
- A: No. We will handle that for you. When you switch to Breeze Energy, an electronic notice is sent through the Electric Reliability Council of Texas (ERCOT) to your former electricity provider. Contact us at customerservice@breezeenergy. com for more information.
- Q: Do you charge a fee for me to switch from my current electricity provider to Breeze Energy?
- A: No. You may incur a charge from your Transmission and Distribution company that will be passed on to you at actual cost by Breeze Energy.
- Q: Does Breeze conduct a credit check? Do all companies do that?
- A: Yes, all retail electric providers check credit for accounts which are billed monthly.
At Breeze Energy, we do not check credit for pay as you go (prepaid) accounts. Contact us at CustomerService@BreezeEnergy. com for more information.
- Q: Does Breeze require a deposit if my credit score is below X?
- A: Yes, you may be required to post a deposit if your credit score is below the limit.
- Q: If I am required to provide a deposit, how does that work? Do I get my deposit back?
- A: You will get your deposit back after your final bill is paid in full.
- Q: How long does it take to switch from one electric provider to another?
- A: The switch will occur on the same business day in most cases, and within two business days in almost every case.
- Q: How do I know how much energy I typically use per month?
- A: You may be able to see a monthly history on your current provider's bill. Breeze Energy bills show up to 12 months of historical usage. Additionally, Breeze issues weekly emails that will show your daily usage from last week compared to the daily usage from the prior week.